Monday, June 4, 2012

Reflecting- June 4, 2012

As I reflect over the last month without our little Wyatt I am reminded of the joy he brought to Justin and me. He made our lives complete if only for the 28 days he was here with us. He made us better people and stronger together. He brought us happiness beyond measure. He made us grow even closer to our father in heaven. 


I reflect about the good things that came from our little man... he was so precious and beautiful. He loved to have his little legs and hands rubbed. We loved doing this for him... he would completely relax and kick his little legs straight out and his hands would wave up in the air and once we started to rub them for him they would relax and open up completely.They had a thing at the hospital called Freddie the Frog that Wyatt loved... it was a bean bag thing that propped him up on his tummy so that he could  sleep like that... he loved it when we put him on it. He loved having his head stroked... his hair was always so slicked to his head because everyone that came to see him could not resist his full head of beautiful hair and stroking it on his perfect little head. He loved to be sung to... if he was crying it would put him right to sleep. He loved to hear his daddy, when Justin would come into the room the monitors would show Wyatt's heart rate go up and he would move his little head back and forth and try to focus on where Justin was in the room when he was talking to Wyatt. He loved to be held and snuggled by all of us...he would go right to sleep and as soon as we put him down he would make a sad little face and of coarse we would pick him right back up and take turns until he feel asleep again. He loved skin to skin with me and I did with him as well... he would get so comfy that sometimes he would even drool a little and I savored every minute of it. He loved the time we got to take him outside.. He breathed deep to take in the fresh air and did his "bunny nose" the whole time we were outside. He loved bath time so much that every time we gave him one within 2 minutes in it he would pee and when we took him out he would cry so loud ( he never cried much only when we put him down after holding him and when we took him out of the bath). He loved his little stuffed animal buddies that family brought him, especially a little angel lamb that Justin bought him for Easter that played "You are my Sunshine" when you pressed it's wings and a Precious moment baby  boy, that my Aunt Jody and Uncle Bob gave him. that would pray for him when you pressed it's little hands, Wyatt would just stare at it. He loved all his grandparents who would talk to him and love on him when they came to visit him... He will always be LOVED.

There is so much more that I remember that were beautiful moments with my little monkey that I will cherish and hold close and today has been a good day because I have these memories to reflect on and hold in my heart. I am so grateful for every minute we had with him and all the things we were able to experience. It truly was a blessing and today I am reminded of how lucky I am to have had him choose me to be his mom and Justin to be his dad.      

                                   

2 comments:

  1. You both are very strong people. You have endured more at a young age than most. and the blessing you received from Wyatt in his short time on earth will make you even stronger. We are so proud of how you both handled all the sadness. He was a special person and even at his short time he showed love, personality and a lot of courage. He will be with you when you decide to have more children and someday you will tell his siblings all about Wyatt. His love and memories will always be in your heart and we are so great full that you let us share what time he had with us. He was a perfect little guy and will be in our hearts forever.
    Love from Papa & Grandma Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I do not have any words....only a warm heart. I had hoped to bless you all through prayers but instead it is so very clear that you have blessed me. Your strength, your love, your gratfulness for every moment in life that God grants you...have just touched me. I could barely read today's blog as my tears were so heavy. Tears of thankfulness too, thankful that you did get to spend 28 precious days with Wyatt. At one point I found myself questioning why he was hanging on...now that I read your heart, I have my answer. Your lives have been forever touched by a child more precious than words can ever explain.
    Dawna

    ReplyDelete