Monday, May 28, 2012

The last few weeks of pregnancy...

We were staying at my Aunt Toni and Uncle Chris's house in Berthoud since we had moved to Pueblo West because of a job transfer Justin got in early January of this year. We were going to be starting a new life in so many ways and were diving in head first to whatever the lord was throwing our way. I did not want to switch Doctors or Hospitals in the last month of my pregnancy so Justin was coming back and forth from Pueblo West on his days off. We moved into our rental house on March 3rd and I was able to spend a few days here and there finishing up the nursery but the last week I was staying put at my Aunt and Uncle's house just in case our little guy decided to come early.. I did not want to be far from the hospital and my Dr.


The nursery was all set up and was ready for us to come back home and be a family and settle in to our new home and our new life together- the 3 of us. We decided to give Wyatt a neutral nursery theme and had found these amazing prints when we were moving out of our home in Greeley (so amazing the things you find and forgot you had when you are moving). They were pictures of two horses that were beautiful.. strong, brave and so demure. These had to be the focus of his room. We did light tans and a rustic red and blue color to accent. Justin and my Uncle Chris made the frames for the prints while were staying there and when they were finished they were beautiful and exactly what I had in mind for his room. I was sooo excited for Wyatt to be in this nursery and could not wait for all the happy time that would take place there. A new beginning in a new place with this new life... what more could we be asking for. The lord had truly blessed us in every way and I was so grateful to him for all these blessings that were raining down on us.




My mother in law Linda had made a special W to hang in his room that was truly amazing. We hung it over the little nursing area I had set up so that it would be a centerpiece on it's own wall. She had written Wyatt a letter and put it on the back of the W so that when he was older he would have a special memento of all the love she put in to while making it for him and all the love that was being sent his way while we prepared his room and everything else for his arrival. It was a really beautiful letter that explained to him who he was and what his name meant and all the things that she was planning for the future and looking forward to doing with him. We left it on the back of the W and planned on reading it to him when he got home. She also had made him the bedding for his crib that we had been talking back and forth about for months before he was born so that it would be exactly what Justin and I had in mind for his nursery. Everything was set and ready to go his cloths were hung in and put away we had the music ready on the I pod to be played when he going to sleep and last but not least the most important (at least from what Justin said) the flat screen T.V. was set up in his room and was ready to go so that Wyatt would not miss any his shows... you know with all the T.V. he was going to be watching when we got home. I laughed for almost a week when Justin was telling me how he had made sure that he bolted the book shelf to the wall in his room that the T.V. was on. I thought what were the odds this baby was going to come out walking but I guess Dad's nest a bit too and this was Justin nesting and preparing for his new son.


I had been home for the last week of March and had washed all the clothes and blankets I could imagine us using and the night before we were leaving to go back to Berthoud we packed Wyatt's diaper bags (3 of them since I wanted to be prepared in case anything were to go wrong or he was much smaller or larger than I had thought) I wanted to have everything with us that we might need so pretty much I packed his whole nursery that we had just set up. Justin kept saying "Do you want me to rent a U Haul?" and I would laugh but would not give in on leaving anything behind "just in case". I had a checklist I was going through and made sure I doubled everything on it onesies- check, thermometer- check, nail clippers- check, swaddlers- check and so on until the diaper bags were busting at the seams. We were ready and I thought now we hurry up and wait since my due date was April 21 but we had scheduled a c-section for 7:30 am on  April 17 due to some problems I had with cervical cancer and a few other things in the past few years. I thought this baby is not going to wait until April 17 and felt all along that we were going to have him the first week in April for some reason I was prepared for him to come then not later.


My pregnancy had been a dream and I thanked God for this each day. I was truly blessed and was overjoyed with my little Wyatt to be here. He was very very active from the minute I could feel him... actually even before that- When we went in to hear his heart beat for the 1st time I was 8 weeks along and we did not know at that time he was a boy... even though I could feel it from the minute I was pregnant that he was going to be a boy... We heard his strong heart beat but along with that a loud knocking noise as well that kept happening and finally the nurse said you hear that ... we said yep and she said that is your baby moving around in there... every knock is a movement and oh boy is this baby an active one. I looked at her and said "oh this baby is so small now and it will calm down right?" She said not normally they are who they are from the beginning and this baby is active. I was a bit nervous about this because weren't the first babies supposed to be the mellow laid back ones? I had always thought this to be true. But as Wyatt grew inside my tummy he was up all the time and was always moving kicking and in the last few months I was pregnant getting the hiccups. I was at peace and was right where I was meant to be a mother preparing for her baby and could not wait for him to be here!
We were soo excited - We were having a SON!
He looked just like his Daddy from the very beginning.... Same nose  EXACTLY..
He would not move that hand up by his face... the whole time he kept it there and would kick his
little foot out every time the nurse ran the wand over his face... he was not having anyone disturb him!





No comments:

Post a Comment